Admittedly, I am super un-crafty. With all of my effort, there’s not a DIY bone in my body. So when I come across a wedding as gorgeous as this sweet affair, I am all sorts of impressed. Because this, loves, is DIY at its finest, from that gorgeous gown to the yummy cakes to the paper goods all crafted by seriously awesome family + friends. See it all captured by Ricky Stern right here.
From Ricky Stern Photography…This gorgeous wedding was a true DIY masterpiece by the bride and groom (as well as their family and friends). Here is the bride, Stephanie, running down each item they crafted by hand:
• The tree stumps: we actually went to my uncle’s land in Naples to cut down a tree to make those tree stumps. We made a family trip out of it.
• The three cakes were made by my best friends (chocolate, vanilla, and red velvet).
• The Podium used during the ceremony and all the rest of the directional signs throughout the event were made and designed by Lester and myself.
• The guestbook I made with the Shutterfly website.
• The card box we bought and designed ourselves, Lester added the Plexiglas for safety precautions.
• All the mason jars and flowers in them were bought by us and my family and I put them all together the night before. My mother actually made the arrangement for the large tool box on the book signing table that came out beautiful.
• My mother-in-law made my wedding dress and veil.
• The seating chart was created by myself and another girlfriend of mine.
• The candy station and the candy station sign was created by my sister and myself.
• The invitation was made between a large group of us (family and friends).
Photography: Ricky Stern Photography | Floral Design: Le Printemps Florist | Catering: Amelia and Carmen | DJ: Entertainment Management Group | Ceremony / Reception: Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden | Photography - Assistance: Randy Borges | Vintage Furniture Rental: The Salvage Snob "unique salvage & vintage rentals"