I’ve said it once, I’ll say it a thousand more times – I love elopements. Nothing is more romantic or intimate or gets to the core of what marriage is all about like whisking your loved one away to say I do. And doing it at San Francisco City Hall with Elle Photography snapping every perfect moment? Well that’s just genius. See even more here.
From Elle Photography...Adam and Kate have been together for close to ten years, and earlier this year, they decided to get married in San Francisco at City Hall in a secret elopement. They are from Australia, so SF was quite a destination for them. They didn’t tell anyone what they were up to until after they said “I-do”.
They kept the ceremony simple – just the two of them with me (their photographer) as their witness. After the ceremony, we took a few pictures outside City Hall and then went to Alamo Square – the scene of the famous “painted ladies” (a row of pretty Victorian homes made famous as the “Full House” houses) to take pictures. The colorful homes made a great backdrop and provided an iconic view of San Francisco that’s not quite as “done” as some of our other famous landmarks.
Kate & Adam had some words of wisdom to share about what they learned about planning a secret elopement:
1. Theres nothing that cant be solved over a coffee, or glass of wine.
2. Boys and girls have different approaches to planning.
3. Elopement is one giant exercise in project management, just on the sly.
4. I am terrible at keeping a secret.
5. Hours get lost to Pinterest.
1. Decisiveness; its the only way to go.
2. There is a difference between white and ivory.
3. I like having a secret that only Kate and I know about.
4. Kate is a perfectionist. Not true. I already knew that.
5. It doesn’t matter how much preparation you put in, time gets away.