What a glorious week at the Style Me Pretty California blog! I am so thrilled that it’s officially summer and we kicked it off with some seriously sunny weddings! We’re going to soak up the rays over the weekend but will be back in full force on Monday with another healthy dose of vitamin wedding. In the meantime, get your DIY one with this fun, easy project from the girls at Enjoy Events Co. A whimsical, airy version of a pennant flag banner made of tissue paper. Perfect for that summer soiree!
2. this yarn or string
5. tape runner or double sided tape
6. tissue paper, varying colors
7. card stock triangle
Cut out a triangle from thick card stock (leaving a flat flap on the top portion for when it gets folded over)
1. overlap the edges of the tissue paper and trace a few triangles with your pencil
2. cut out the triangles of tissue paper and cut the yarn or string to desired length and lay across the table
3. with your tape runner (we LOVE therm-o-web from Papersource!), gently run the tape across the top-edged piece of tissue paper
4. line up a few triangles and press the yarn/string against the tape
5. fold the extra edged piece over on top of the string/yarn and press
Repeat and VOILA!
If you missed any, here are all of our pretty posts from the week:
rustic redefined at this Rancho Las Lomas affair
an elegantly traditional wedding in Rancho Santa Fe
a chic courthouse ceremony in Santa Ana
Some fabulous links from around the web:
host a movie night with Bash, Please over at Design*Sponge
a cute, modern DIY take on the floral garland on 100 layer cake
how to set a formal table by Mrs. Lillian at the sweetest occasion
And don’t forget about the amazing San Diego Wedding Party this Sunday!
And lastly, we have the winner from our Wiley Valentine contest to announce! Drum roll please…
The oh-so lucky winner of 75 save-the-dates from Wiley Valentine is… comment #61 by Bonnie who says she loves the Banner Love collection! Me too! Congratulations! We’ll be in touch soon!
Have a glorious weekend and we’ll see you back here on Monday! xoxo.
For more information on how Little Black Book Members are chosen click here.
is a member of our Little Black Book, Love what you see? Take a look at their portfolios.