We’re trying something a little new here and are hoping you girls will love the concept as much as we do. Because we heart today’s featured wedding by Carter & Cook Event Co. so very much and are having a hard time letting go, we’ve asked the girls to help us come up with a Buying Guide for all of you style savvy brides that are as inspired as we are. Although not all of the products are an exact match (though many are), they definitely yield the same stunning results! Click here to see the wedding that inspired it all.
1. Birch Cutlery – Found via Green Feet, this adorable birch flatware is perfect for a rustic chic affair. And at a little more than $8 for a pack of 100, it’s kind of a no-brainer. They also have plates and cups for those who just can’t get enough. Oh and I’ve actually used this company before and had a great experience.
2. Mason Jars – Filled with margaritas or lemonade for the little ones, mason jars are a must-have for this type of gathering. Overstock has 2 different sizes depending on the cocktail you serve. Super cute and can be easily customized with a twine wrap, a chalkboard label or simply with a wooden stir stick (see below)
3. Giant Chalkboard – scribble in something simple like your menu or go crazy and chalk in your entire seating chart. We heart these oversized boards for a casual, fun wedding detail.
4. Fuji Instax Camera – We all mourned the loss of the old school polaroids but Fuji is filling in beautifully. We found this perfect little insta-cam on Amazon and are probably going to be buying one for ourselves. Despite the fact that we tied the knot 5 years ago.
5. Wooden Stir Sticks – The stir sticks in the wedding were actually a SUPER easy DIY project that the girls at Carter & Cook put together. They found the sticks and wooden hearts at Michael’s and with a little glue and a black felt pen, they crafted these adorable little details. If you are looking for a quick fix, we love these stirrers from The Stationery Studio.
6. Waffle Weave Napkins – We loved the casual, homey napkins that were used in this wedding and when we found out that they are actually dish towels from IKEA, we did a little happy dance. With a price tag of 4 / $2.99, this is a purchase that should be done and done. Tuck your birch utensils inside and tie loosely with a pretty piece of twine…voila.
7. Twine – We use twine for everything and as you can see…so did Carter & Cook. Wrapped around napkins, votive candles, the bridal bouquets…oh the options are endless. We spotted some at Michaels the other day but in case you don’t want to leave your sofa, Papermart sells it in bulk.
8. Black Scrapbook – The perfect way to keep all of those adorable polaroids that your guests will be snapping found via Kolo Arts. Leave a pen (white if the pages are black) and encourage your guests to write little notes that you can enjoy over and over again. Gussy up the pages with this adorable lace inspired scrapbook paper by Paper Source.
9. Sealed Bottle – LOVE the idea of using a sealed bottle as decor on the table. You can fill with sparkling or flat water, red wine or even a fun cocktail so guests can refresh at their leisure. Finish it off with a round label and you have the cutest, most useful table accessory EVER. Oh and did I mention that they are a whopping $2.99?
I have to say that I was SO pleasantly surprised to see that many of the picture perfect details in today’s wedding were from uber affordable places like IKEA. Add in some DIY, like the beautiful table runners, and this look is as elegant and as chic as you can possible get. Next up, the fashions. Which to me…complimented the style of the wedding to perfection. Casual, but still elegant. Timeless, but totally unfussy.
1. Bridesmaids Shoes – These adorable shoes were Seychelle’s Shimmy Peep Toe Pumps in taupe, found on Endless.com. SO cute right? And I love the low, kitten heel for an outdoor wedding.
2. Men’s Attire – These outdoor, casual suits were from Jos A. Banks in a two button (3 button pictured above). Love them. Paired with a navy tie from J. Crew and it’s a look that is both totally casual and yet totally chic.
3. Wedding Gown – I am OBSESSED with this wedding gown. Might be my favorite wedding gown ever, with the exception of my own. It’s by Melissa Sweet, style name is Liliana and is basically an amazing concoction of ruffles and taffeta. Too good to be true really.Image found via Pre-Owned Wedding Gowns.
4. Bridesmaid Dress – This little number was scored at J. Crew, style name is Erica in classic navy. Perfection.
There were a few more noteworthy items in the fashions from today’s wedding. The bride’s aaaah-dorable headpiece was by Sara Gabriel, her shoes were by Kate Spade and the men’s shoes were by Sperry Top Sliders. Lots of love to Ashlyn at Carter & Cook Event Co. and of course to the beautiful bride and groom who crafted such a lovely day for us all to devour.
If you liked our first Buying Guide…we’ll be tackling this wedding in our weekly newsletter on Thursday. So if you haven’t already, now’s the time to sign on up (right sidebar). XOXOJ.Crew and Sara Gabriel are members of our Look Book. For more information on how members are chosen, click here.