I just received my own wedding album (!!!!) so I fully appreciate the time and talent that went into creating something that I'll treasure for the rest of my life. But I'm also aware that when beginning the album process, well, it can be a bit overwhelming. The Album Room is here to help all you brides (and newlyweds) out there so you're better informed and prepared. After all, your album is the last piece of the puzzle and deserves just as much attention as all the other pretty parts!
Planning For Your Wedding Album:
- Add your wedding album to your gift registry! Guests can contribute to preserving your special day in a beautiful keepsake.
- Make sure your photographer documents the details! They not only serve as unique reminders but are great images to transition from one part of the day to another in the album.
- Don't forget Mom and Dad; they of course love a few group shots but you don't want too much time taken away from the essence of your day. Typically, people only include 4-5 key group shots in their album anyways.
- You might want to carry on dancing but give your photographer a few minutes at the end of the day to capture one last prime moment with you and your beloved. You want your last image to be a lasting one!
Our Top Album Trends Of The Moment
- The quaint, portable 9 inch by 9 inch size that used to only speak to parents is making a huge impression on brides and grooms. Big things come in small packages!
- Although leather is still the front runner when picking an album cover, our sturdy but fun Buckram material is winning a competent silver medal. Buckram is a cotton fabric treated with a protective shield. It looks very classy in a pearly ivory or graphite grey.
- The classic look of a matted album has come a long way since it was the only style on offer when our parents were married. However, it now competes with the slender, chic flush-mount albums of today.
- The wraparound picture is making a comeback to replace the more traditional emboss (check out our Coffee Table book)!
ONGOING GIVEAWAYS + DISCOUNTS…
We're excited to share that Shine invitations is currently offering FREE SHIPPING on orders over $500 (US orders only) as well as a free sample kit featuring the invitation of your choice, color charts, paper samples, and an example Save the Date! Don't miss out!
THIS WEEK'S DISCOUNTS…
For our California Brides… Discounts from The Ranch at Laguna Beach
For our Southwest Brides... Don't miss upcoming trunk shows at Lovely's in Houston!
For our New England Brides.. Discount from Long's Jewelers (Estate Jewelry and Wedding Bands)!
For our Tri-state Brides... Discount from Femina Photo + Design, giveaways from NST Pictures and OLLI STUDIO and don't miss the Anna Campbell and Rue De Seine trunk shows at Lovely NYC location Oct. 28th - Oct. 30th, and the Rosa Clara trunk shows at Designer Loft Nov. 4th - 6th and Nov. 11th - 13th!