Hello brides, Caitlin from Glitter Guide here! A few weeks ago I shared a fun floral lesson from my wedding florist, but what I didn’t tell you was I’m doing some of the flowers for our rehearsal dinner and wedding myself ! Not only is this a super affordable option for the bride on a budget – but they’d also make great favors, escort card…the options are endless. Living plant centerpieces are a cinch to put together, and today I’m sharing my top 6 tips.
1. Pick an assortment of plants that cover the three t’s: texture, tall, trailing so you can create an arrangement that will transfer to a pot and look great.
2. Fill your vessel with potting soil.
3. Wiggle the plants out of the container by pinching the bottom and squeezing.
4. Loosen the roots gently — its ok to remove some if you need room in your vessel.
5. Arrange them and add extra soil so they are firm and in place.
6. Water 3-4 times a week and replant in a planter with drainage after 3-5 days.
Photography: Krista A. Jones | Styling + Design: Caitlin Moran | Calligraphy: Laura Hooper Calligraphy | Expert: Carmen Johnston | Plants: Southern Living Collection Available At Home Depot,