We’re back with our Macy’s Registry to Reality series, this time talking honeymoon packing 101. Macy’s offers those amazing registry products that make traveling a breeze, and today we’re going one step further. With so much to plan before the big day, we decided to take all the guesswork out of honeymoon prep with top tips, a DIY passport holder plus a FREE downloadable packing list to get you started!
10 TIPS FOR HONEYMOON PACKING
1. Vacuum travel bags or rolling clothes both work great to save space and avoid wrinkles.
2. Pack a laundry bag, sink stopper, travel-size laundry detergent, and portable laundry drying-lines for the shower. Laundry on-the-go means you can pack half the stuff and simply re-wear.
3. Stick to a color palette with lots of layers so you can mix & match everything. Also, be sure to pack at least one dressy dinner outfit.
4. Choose your luggage wisely. For a lighter, waterproof option stick with hardside (we love this Delsey Helium Shadow 2.0 Spinner Luggage) or for a easily expandable luggage with outside pockets stick to softside (we suggest Samsonite LifTwo Spinner Luggage).
5. Be conservative with shoes, and really road test them before you go so you don’t discover that one strap always gives you a blister, etc.
6. Leave space or pack an extra empty bag for souvenirs on the return trip.
7. Your favorite medicines might not be available, especially for colds. No one likes to plan on getting sick, but just in case, it’s a much better trip with decongestant and some lotion-infused tissues.
8. Adapters, adapters, adapters! And surge protectors for electronics.
9. Always pack liquids in Ziploc bags so they don’t ruin your stuff, and make sure to separate shower, sink, makeup and hair items.
10. Look for luggage with large outside pockets, like the Samsonite Silhouette Sphere Spinner Luggage so you can store a quart-size bag of liquids in an easy-to-reach spot.
Honeymoon packing has never been soooo easy, and because Macy’s carries an amazing variety of trusted luggage brands like Samsonite, Delsey, Hartmann, Victorinox, Travelpro, Ricardo Tiburon, and Tumi you can be sure to find whatever suits your style. And now, we’re diving into the details with a DIY passport holder to make ensure you’re traveling in perfect style!
Measure and cut the leather to be 10” x 5.25”.
Measure and cut the lining fabric to be 7” x 5.75” and place on top of the leather (suede side up) in the center.
Fold the top and bottom edge of the lining fabric and pin to the leather starting in the center. When you reach the edges, fold the leather in to make 1.5” flaps and pin in place.
Sew around all four sides of the passport with the gold thread and a ¼” border, removing pins as you go. Trim excess threads.
Use the gold paint pen to write “Bon Voyage” on the front cover of the passport. We faked our calligraphy by writing the phrase in basic script first, then going back and fattening the vertical strokes of each letter to mimic a calligraphy pen. Pop in your passport, and you’re airport-ready!
Items in suitcase: Maison Jules Colorblocked Cashmere Cardigan | Bar III Geometric Dress | Bar III Ribbed-Knit Sweater | Maison Jules Striped Tee | kensie Polka-Dot Sweater | Maison Jules Printed Dress | Else Jeans, Skinny Dark Wash | Bar III Gold-Tone Double Chain Link Necklace | Bar III Gold-Tone Coral Stone Drop Earrings | Bar III Bracelet, Clear Repssin Bangle