Fact: there’s nothing more pass-the-popcorn-and-grab-a-tissue worthy than a perfectly planned proposal. And this Chicago groom-to-be? He delivered, big time. Dana Ann Photography captured the whole shebang in photo + film, and you can find his top 5 proposal tips plus this week’s winners waiting down below. Happy Valentine’s Day, lovers!
From the Bride-to-be… Every group of family and friends each presented me with a card. It varied from one to the next, but they were all centered around memories we shared and moments that are unforgettable. The first card presented, gave me three specific rules that I had to follow: ‘Emily Michelle, I love you. I’d like you to take a deep breath and enjoy. 1. Don’t rush, and place the card in the box. 2. Walk slow and don’t read the card aloud. 3. Your “ticket” to advance is by hugging each person with a balloon I’ll see you soon!’
5 TIPS FOR THE PERFECT PROPOSAL
1. Every single detail should be tailored specifically for her. She probably loves details, and she’ll notice every one.
2. It may help for inspiration, but don’t steal other proposal ideas online! The internet doesn’t know your love as much as you do. Every girl is different and how you do it doesn’t matter to anyone but you two.
3. If she has given you guidelines or rules, follow them. Don’t necessarily try and and go above and beyond, she knows what she wants, let her have it!
4. Her emotions will be running high, don’t have a whole two page essay on asking her to marry you. Keep it simple and elegant.
5. It’s all about the surprise for her, keep it classy.
Honeymoon Funds from Traveler’s Joy
Williams-Sonoma’s Annual Dream Registry Sweepstakes
A Pave Diamond Disc Necklace from The Clay Pot
Your Bridal Party Dressed for Free from Brideside
TWO sets of loungewear to TWO lucky SMPers from Duffield Lane
Don’t miss this week’s DISCOUNTS…
For our Tri-State brides…Don’t forget to enter to win Photography + Videography Collection from NST Pictures and discounts from New Museum, Femina Photo + Design, NY Smile Specialists and HowAboutWe for Couples PLUS don’t miss Amsale’s President’s Day weekend Preview and Gabriella New York’s Winter Sample Sale!
For our New England Brides… A discount from Aster B. Flowers
For our Southwest Brides…Make sure to RSVP to Chateau Cocomar’s Royal Occasion Bridal Open House
For our Southeast Brides…Don’t forget about the upcoming event: A Bride for All Seasons (This weekend!)
And of course, this week’s lucky winners…
Kate won dinner for two at Pacific’s Edge Restaurant at Carmel Highlands Inn!
And a big congrats to Dayna Marie! You’ve won the $500 gift card to BaubleBar