If you ask us, no one should have to miss out on sweet treats during the holiday season. Portion control is key! Here to indulge our sweet tooth with just a few bites of goodness is baker extraordinaire, The Flour Child. Megan whipped up these cute and portable mini mason jar cheesecakes for all your friends and family. Tie up those aprons and preheat the oven! xoxo, The Wedding Chicks
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- Juice from half of a lemon
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 6 Tb butter
- 6 short mason jars
- 8 oz room temperature cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest from one lemon
- In a small pot on the stove, cook the sliced strawberries and the sugar until the juices from the strawberries have been released and add the lemon juice. Cook until the mixture starts to bubble. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and the powdered sugar together in a small bowl. In a small pot on the stove, melt the butter completely. Add the melted butter to the crumbs and the sugar and mix thoroughly. Using a small scooper, put one scoop of the crust into each mason jar and pat down with your fingers. Bake the jars in a 350˚ oven for 12 minutes.
- Whip up the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon zest until there are no more lumps. Fold the whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture until fully combined.
- Assembly: Using a piping bag, pipe the cream cheese mixture into the mason jars, leaving enough space in the top for the strawberry topping. Scoop the strawberry topping on top and you are ready to enjoy! These keep for about two days.
Recipe: The Flour Child