I obviously had to save the best recipe for last. I mean, in my opinion at least. There isn’t much that tops a chocolate cake, unless said chocolate cake is drizzled in glitter!! That’s right, my dears. Glitter cake. It’s like magic, I know. Move over naked cakes, there’s a new contender in town!
1 Hour/s 35 Minute/s
- Your favorite dark chocolate cake recipe, or store bought cake mix (we don’t judge!)
- 1lb powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 4 tbs milk
- Orange food coloring
- Black food coloring
- 9 oz chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 6” cake pans
- Edible gold glitter stars
- Bake cake layers according to your recipe and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar, milk, and orange food coloring. Spread a layer of frosting on one cake layer, then top with the second layer of cake. Frost the cake and use a spatula to smooth sides as completely as possible.
- Place the chocolate and a dab of black food coloring in a large mixing bowl. Pour the cream into a small saucepan and bring to a boil on medium heat. As it reaches a boil, pour over the chocolate and whisk until smooth. Allow the ganache to cool slightly, then gently pour on the center of the cake. Sprinkle gold glitter on the ganache and let cool before serving.
Photography: Ruth Eileen Photography | Design & Styling: Style Me Pretty Living