Hailing straight from Hayley at Taste Catering‘s pantry, these manchego and quince skewers are just a small example of what you’d expect to see on their menu. One part savoury, one part sweet, with just a touch of fancy, these little numbers are sure to be a hit at your next event. And because we kind of adore all things Hayley, we’re doing a pretty intense interview with her over on our Little Black Book. Who knows, you might just learn a thing or two (or six, in my case).
- 1/2 lb. Manchego Cheese
- 1/4 lb. Quince Paste (firm)
- 1/4 cup Marcona Almonds
- 1/4 bunch of Italian Parsley
- 10 Japanese Picks
- 1 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pick 20 small Parsley leaves.
- Chop Marcona Almonds finely
- Cube Firm Quince Paste into 1/2 inch cubes. Note: you will need 2 cubes per pick.
- Roll each cube in almonds.
- Cut cheese in 1/2 inch cubes. Note: you will need 2 cubes of each per pick.
- Skewer quince, parsley leaf , cheese, quince, parsley, cheese.
- Drizzle with your favorite extra virgin olive oil and enjoy!
- NOTE: Can be made 2-3 hours ahead, covered with plastic and refrigerated.
Photography & Recipe: Taste Catering