You know the girl who is the absolute sweetest, most beautiful, good at everything friend you have? I imagine this bride to be her. She’s got a little girl next door gorgeous vibe, and judging by the DIY projects she tackled for her big day, she is good at everything. Becca Borge Phtogoraphy captured the day she became a Mrs. and call me crazy, but I’m totally wiping my eyes while scrolling through the gallery. Every little detail is just so personal.
From the photographer… This destination affair was a romantic California Spring wedding with lots of genuine details throughout. Kristin and Justin wanted to make sure their guests had the time of their lives and felt home away from home. This was evident from all the handmade elements and the comfortable “countryside” feel they wanted their guests to have. An intimate circular ceremony with comfortable seating, soft pink pashminas given for the chilly CA night air, handmade place card holders, handmade favors & thank you notes, the list goes on! Kristin and Justin felt so loved to have 100 guests attend this destination wedding…and wanted their guests to feel loved in return.
From the lovely bride… We included a lot of DIY for the wedding, such as:
- I made the “champagne chairs” at each place setting (ordered the champagne wire “cages” from an alcohol supply store and used wire cutters and flat nose pliers.)
- I constructed the welcome boxes on our trip out to Sonoma in February and handmade (created, print, cut and constructed) the timeline sheets that were included in them.
- The paper cones that were handed out by the flower girl I made using vintage looking paper.
- The wedding favors (refrigerator magnets in a small muslin bag – hand stamped “handmade with love”) were also custom made by my Mom using Trentadue wine corks.
- The table numbers were handmade using ivory burlap and a fabric ink pen (of course the actual picture frames and stands the numbers were placed in were purchased.)
- The escort “cards” were hand written on vintage tags and attached to skeleton keys.
- The save the dates, wedding invitations, boutonnieres, table runners, tablecloths, guestbook puzzle, cufflinks, handkerchiefs and the tree slice that our cake was on were all handmade and purchased from Etsy.
There were a lot of sentimental details including:
-I wore my great-grandmothers (“Nannie”) engagement ring and my grandmothers (“Nann”) wedding band on my wedding day.
-I had three custom handkerchiefs made with personal notes from me embroidered on them for my Mother, Nann and Mother-in-Law. The material used for the handkerchief was the fabric from my childhood “blankie.” I also had custom cufflinks made for my Dad that had the same fabric in them which was the background of each cufflink.
-The wedding love bird cake toppers were given to me by my best friend Katja when she first learned of Justin and I’s engagement. I immediately knew I would be using them as our cake topper.
Ultimately, I wanted everyone to really enjoy themselves and “feel the love” in the air that day. I think that was accomplished.
Venue: Trentadue Winery | Photography: Becca Borge Photography | Cinematography: LoveShot Productions | Catering: Park Avenue Catering | Tuxes: Wine Country Bride | Officiant: Heartfelt Weddings | Day of Coordination: C&D Event Planning | Florals: Fleurs de France | Rentals: One True Love Vintage Rentals | Wedding Cake and Pies: Michelle Maries Patisserie | DJ: AMS Entertainment | Ceremony Music: AMS Entertainment | Hair + Makeup: Katja Marsman | Shoes: Badgley Mischka