We’ve got recipes for some seriously tasty, completely charming Valentine’s Day treats today. Think heart-shaped fruit kabobs, pretty as pie Shirley Temples with a cherry twist and adorable letter-shaped Valentine cookies – a menu fit for a V-Day Princess! If you want a larger spread, nothing says you can’t add in some of the luscious recipes from our grown-up Valentine’s Day party too!
8 tbs grenadine
64 oz ginger ale
16 oz cherry juice
Heart ice cubes (made with heart-shaped ice cube tray)
Mix grenadine, ginger ale, and cherry juice in a large pitcher.
Add in heart ice cubes, and serve!
Makes 8 glasses.
Adapted from the Food Network
1 small watermelon
1 container large fresh strawberries
2” heart cookie cutter
1. Rinse & dry the strawberries.
2. Slice the strawberries in half vertically. Slice the watermelon in half, and then in 1” thick layers.
3. Use the cookie cutter to cut heart shapes from the strawberries and watermelon, and slide on the popsicle sticks.
Sugar cookie dough (pre-made, or use your favorite recipe)
½ cup confectioner’s sugar
1 ½ tsp light corn syrup
1 tbs water
Pink food coloring
1. Preheat the oven to 350º. Roll out the sugar cookie dough onto a floured piece of wax paper, into a large rectangle (about the size of your baking sheet), about ¼” thick. Flip onto ungreased baking sheet.
2. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Use a knife and a ruler to cut out cookies in 3” x 5” rectangles, and move to a wire rack to cool.
3. Combine all the ingredients for frosting in a mixing bowl and beat for 1-2 mins.
4. Place a sheet of tin foil underneath the wire rack of cookies, and use a spoon to spread an even glaze of frosting on each cookie. Press a sweetheart candy in the center of each cookie.
5. Add a small amount of food coloring to the remaining frosting, mix thoroughly, and spoon into a pastry bag with a small circle tip. Draw the outlines of an envelope on each cookie.
Up next, we’ve got some fantastic DIY valentine ideas- candy balloons & rock candy, anyone? Take a peek at the inspiration for this party so you can start planning your own, and later this afternoon we’ll show you how the full party turned out!
Photography: Heidi of White Loft Studio / Design & Styling: Style Me Pretty / Location: Heidi of White Loft Studio‘s House / Kids’ Table & Chairs: Pottery Barn Kids / Vintage Pink Depression Glass Plates, Serving Dishes, & Coupe Glasses: Style Me Pretty‘s Personal Collection / Oversize Heart Balloons: Balloons123 / Copper Confetti: Save on Crafts / Copper Straws: Fun Paper Straws / Copper Tins: Jess’ personal collection / Glassware: Crate & Barrel / Glass pitcher: Crate & Barrel / Children’s Valentine Apron: Sur La Table / Pink Rainboots: Zappo’s / Mini Mailboxes: Tin Toy Arcade /