When it comes to planning a New Years Eve party, there’s one thing for certain: a signature cocktail should be present. You don’t have one, you say? Well luckily for you Leah and Joanne have swooped in to save the day with a fantastic solution: the french pear martini. Decked out in your sparkliest of sparkly dresses you and your guests are sure to look fabulous as you parade through the party with one of these guys in hand. Bonus: they just so happen to taste unforgettable. Be sure not to miss the rest of the gallery!
1 ½ oz. St. Germain Elderflower liqueur
1 ½ oz. Pear Vodka
Granulated sugar for the rim
1 lemon, wedged
1 pear, sliced
1. Prepare your garnishes by slicing a lemon into wedges and the pear into rounds.
Tip: To prevent pear from discoloring, squeeze a lemon over cut slices.
2. To prepare martini glasses, run a lemon wedge around the rim anddip into sugar.
3. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine St. Germain and Pear Vodka. Shake vigorously until well chilled.
4. Strain into prepared martini glass and top with champagne.
5. Garnish with a round of pear and a festive stir stick.
6. Sip and enjoy!
From Leah of Freutcake… New Years Eve is just around the corner and in celebration I’m shaking up a round of French Pear Martinis…ooh lala! The combination of fruity Pear Vodka, floral St. Germain liqueur and crisp champagne makes these cocktails refreshing and light. The perfect festive touch to a sparking New Years Eve party. But don’t say I didn’t warn you; these martinis are so delicious, you may just be the most popular hostess in 2013. Cheers to a sparkling new year!