There’s nothing that screams Turkey Day quite like a fresh baked stuffing. It’s comfort and yumminess all rolled into one perfect dish. And this trusty recipe? Well, it’s about as good as it gets. We’ve got the step-by-step to take the guesswork out of this Thanksgiving classic, and it’s all waiting down below!
1 Hour/s 22 Minute/s
- 16 cups 1-inch bread cubes, white or sourdough (1 1/2 pound loaf)
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 6 shallots, diced
- 1 cup medium-diced celery (2 stalks)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, unpeeled, cored and large-diced
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 pound chicken apple sausage
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Bake bread cubes for 5-7 minutes and remove from oven.
- Raise the temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a saute pan, combine butter, onions, celery, apples, parsley, sage, rosemary, honey salt & pepper. Cook over medium heat until vegetables are softened.
- Add bread cubes. Stir to combine then remove from heat. To the same pan, add sausage and cook approximately ten minutes. If using pre-cooked variety, just warm for 2 minutes.
- Add the bread cube mixture, and chicken stock, stir to combine. Pour into a 9 by 12 inch baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes until browned on top.
*Adapted from: Food Network
Photography: White Loft Studio | Linen Tablecloths: New England Country Rentals | Hatchback Chairs: New England Country Rentals | Linen Chair: New England Country Rentals | Mixed Vintage Silverware: New England Country Rentals | Charger Plates: DIY HERE (original plate from Crate & Barrel) | Gold Rim Salad Plates: West Elm | Linen Appetizer Plates: Crate & Barrel | Napkins: DIY HERE (original napkin from Crate & Barrel) | Cocktail Glasses: Crate & Barrel | Salt & Pepper Cellars & Tiny Spoons: Crate & Barrel | Swoop Bowls: Sur La Table | Gravy Boat: Sur La Table | Turkey Platter: Abby’s personal collection, similar from Crate and Barrel | Serving Platters: Abby’s personal collection | Cake Stands (for Apps): West Elm | Wooden Salad Bowl: Crate & Barrel | Serving Spoons: Crate & Barrel | Wine Glasses: Anthropologie | Magnolia Leaves & Gardenia Stems: Fifty Flowers