I’m just going to come right out and say it…I’m not a huge fan of brussels sprouts. We’ve just never got along. That is, until, I came across this recipe of a balanced blend alongside prosciutto, balsamic and caramelized onions. And while sprouts might never be my favorite food EVER, you’d surely find me gobbling down my fair share of these bad boys Thanksgiving, or otherwise.
1 Hour/s 5 Minute/s
- 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 Large Sweet Onion, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 2 TBS Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 TBS Honey
- Heat 1 TBS olive oil in large skillet.
- Add prosciutto and cook on medium/high until slightly crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 TBS olive oil, reduce heat to low and cook onions for 30 minutes taking care not to stir too much, until caramelized. You can add a dash of sugar towards the end to really sweeten them.
- While onions are cooking boil Brussels sprouts until crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and drench with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- When onions are caramelized, remove from pan. Add in Brussels sprouts and cook until slightly brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add in prosciutto, caramelized onions, balsamic vinegar and honey, stir well and cook for 3-4 minutes more. Remove from heat and serve.
- *Make ahead tips... you can caramelize onions, par boil Brussels sprouts and crisp prosciutto ahead of time to speed up the cooking process.
Photography: White Loft Studio | Linen Tablecloths: New England Country Rentals | Hatchback Chairs: New England Country Rentals | Linen Chair: New England Country Rentals | Mixed Vintage Silverware: New England Country Rentals | Charger Plates: DIY HERE (original plate from Crate & Barrel) | Gold Rim Salad Plates: West Elm | Linen Appetizer Plates: Crate & Barrel | Napkins: DIY HERE (original napkin from Crate & Barrel) | Cocktail Glasses: Crate & Barrel | Salt & Pepper Cellars & Tiny Spoons: Crate & Barrel | Swoop Bowls: Sur La Table | Gravy Boat: Sur La Table | Turkey Platter: Abby’s personal collection, similar from Crate and Barrel | Serving Platters: Abby’s personal collection | Cake Stands (for Apps): West Elm | Wooden Salad Bowl: Crate & Barrel | Serving Spoons: Crate & Barrel | Wine Glasses: Anthropologie | Magnolia Leaves & Gardenia Stems: Fifty Flowers