And we couldn't resist doing a little faux shopping inspired by this fabulous shindig. How fun would it be to have a shower full of bright, bold pops reminiscent of a mid-century modern fête? Try incorporating some of these pieces for a similar look...
1. Bud vases from Ikea are insanely budget friendly and perfect for plopping at each place setting.
2. These white vases from West Elm are crisp, clean lined and fit right into the Palm Springs vibe.
3. It's all about this geometric fabric by Alicia Vance from Spoonflower. Make a runner, napkins, decorate the dessert table. The world is your oyster with this lovely.
4. We're thinking this modern drink dispenser would look fab with Tangerine Mimosas flowing from its spout.
5. These cotton napkins from Crate and Barrel are the perfect shade of orange and would be lovely party accoutrements long after your shower days are gone.
6. Use these simple white platters from CB2 for displaying all those sweet treats on your dessert table.
7. Holy Cow streamer backdrop. Not only is this look crazy cool but super easy to boot. We found a great assortment of tissue paper streamers at Bulk Party Supplies.
8. Not only is this glass creamer from CB2 about as cute as they come but it would fit right into a brunch shower or your kitchen counter tops.
9. Succulents are still alive and kicking. We love, love, love the idea of giving a potted pretty as a favor and your guests will too. West Elm sells a collection of three or you can try your local garden store for small succulents.
10. Hooray! is right. Plop these cute flags from liddabits in cupcakes, succulent favors, heck even your mimosa. They are the flag that's able to wear many a hat and look good doing it.
From Jill of Jordan Event Studio... Theresa was proposed to in Palm Springs, so when it came time to planning her bridal shower, we figured a Palm Springs-inspired shower would make the perfect theme! We were inspired by the graphic wall of the Parker Hotel and ran with the same color scheme of orange and white, and added hints of gold and succulents to add a retro feel to our event. From there, the design of the shower took off. We literally took the wall graphic of the Parker Hotel entrance and designed several elements for the shower, including a DIY table runner we created with a Silhouette Cameo machine, contact paper and orange fabric. The graphic wall design was also added to other elements of the design including the invitation, favor tags, dessert labels, and even the cupcake covers. Joanna from Waterfall Creative also designed the quote in front of the beverage station, which we simply framed and hung using fishing line tied to dumbbells placed behind the table. She also created the brunch menu on the food table, which we again framed and propped with a gold stand — it just added such a cool pop of color to the food table.
We created the food menu with the thought of being on a weekend getaway in Palm Springs, and what we would find on the Sunday brunch menu at the hotel. We kept it light, serving items like spinach quiche, a berry bowl, artisan breads with several flavored butters and a scrumptious salad we named “PS Parker” salad. Magpie Event Co. took the theme of orange and created a dessert table full of color, which included mini lemon bundt cakes, tangerine mimosas, honey tangerine cups and vanilla cupcakes with orange buttercream. Another DIY project we did for the shoot was the ombre wall hanging behind the beverage station. We purchased three shades of orange fabric and created and layered, wrapped and stapled them to a canvas. We hope you find the shower fresh and colorful!
Photography: Meghan Christine Photography / Event Design + Coordination: Jordan Event Studio / Floral Design: Creative Floral Designs / Bridal Shower Invitations, Bingo Game + Graphic Design: Waterfall Creative / Dessert Table: Magpie Event Co.