Today’s glamorous Malibu affair captured by Elizabeth Messina has been nothing short of jaw-dropping awesomeness but we didn’t want to stop at the pretty pictures alone. So we are rolling up our sleeves and delving into the pieces that made up this gorgeous day. From the lace-filled fashion to the wildly romantic details, we are breaking down the bits and bobbles and proving that a glamorous affair can be totally attainable on any budget. Up first, shoes and gorgeous frocks galore…
1. WTOO Astoria Gown 2. Watters Pasadena Gown 3. Monique Lhuillier Spring 2012 Catherine Gown 4. Dessy Collection Style 2810 color: cloudy 5. BHLD Marchioness Dress 6. Amsale Bridesmaids Style G458C color: Ocean 7. J. Reneé Robin Pump 8. ChavianoCouture Leigh Bolero 9. Christian Louboutin Matriana Shoes
Now let’s dive into the decor we’ve been dreaming about since the moment Elizabeth Messina sent over this game-changer of a wedding. If you are looking to create the same feel for your upcoming fête, we’ve pulled together a few ideas to help make your inspiration from this wedding a complete budget-friendly reality!
1.The florals were just be-YOND in this fancy fête. We are still recovering from some serious bloom envy. Get the look by pairing a variety of flowers for one gorgeous monochromatic masterpiece. We spotted loads of garden roses and hydrangeas throughout this wedding, but any flower combination could do the trick!
2. Chair covers have grown miles above the standard white satin and sash. A unique chair treatment can set your wedding apart from the rest and really tie together the style and theme. We love these playful and whimsical chair caps from Wildflower Linens. There’s no need to cover every chair in the room either which can come with a hefty price tag. These would look so cute adorning just the bride and groom’s chairs.
3. Bridal lace isn’t just for your wedding dress anymore. Bring a little romance to your head table by creating lace table runner. This super simple DIY project makes a stunning design impact!
4. Lush roses and hydrangeas in glass cylinders created a sweet, feminine contrast to the grapewood. If dozens upon dozens of roses aren’t in your budget ask your florist to suggest some less expensive alternatives like lisianthus and dahlias. Keep a couple loose to decorate your grapewood or manzanita branch too!
5. We absolutely ADORE this simple and chic place card idea. Plus your guests will appreciate something to nosh on while waiting for the first course! Grab some demi-baguettes from your local bakery, wrap them in strips of kraft paper, tie them up with some pretty twine and, voila!, instant place card + favor!
6. Our hearts did a few flips when we laid eyes on the strings of florals hanging from the trees – it’s seriously worthy of a swoon-fest. Want to create something similar on a budget? String carnations together for serious wow-factor that won’t break the bank.
7. Finally, what is more romantic than candlelight at a wedding? We can’t think of much. It’s simple, it’s timeless and it creates show-stopping ambience without loads of work!
Amsale, BHLDN, Alfred Sung, Dessy Collection, Dessy Flower Girls, Monique Lhuillier and Watters are members of our Look Book. For more information on how members are chosen, click here.
Though we legitimately love them, The Dessy Group is an advertiser on Style Me Pretty.