Winnipeg Ranch Wedding by Madeline's Weddings & Events
My favorite weddings are those infused with the couple's own unique personalities. When you can see their style and love shining out of the images through quirky, handmade details and personal touc...
My favorite weddings are those infused with the couple's own unique personalities. When you can see their style and love shining out of the images through quirky, handmade details and personal touches you know that it must have been an amazing, memorable day. One of those weddings where all the guests exclaimed "Oh, this is SO them!". That must have been the case with this darling DIY affair coordinated by Madeline’s Weddings & Events and captured by Blue Bird Creative. The simple, rustic backdrop is perfect for all the unique, colorful details that this cutie couple incorporated. See them all in the full gallery!
From Madeline of Madeline's Weddings and Events... We adored these two as soon as they walked into our office. Both of them were really hands on for their entire planning process. Their wedding ceremony and reception took place at a little gem just outside of Winnipeg, Manitoba – The Hitch n’ Post. This venue is known for their rustic landscape and delicious cuisine.
Right from the start Leah wanted to make sure her theme and style were carried out throughout the wedding and we did just that. The ceremony took place in the later morning and the reception was a fantastic luncheon reception for the couple and all their guests.
The main colours of their wedding were baby pink, robin’s egg blue and white. Leah and Travis chose to have white organza overlays for the guests with baby pink napkins. For the head table, we had floor length white satin linens, with swooped white organza in the front. The head table also had candles, glassware, spotlighting and rose petals.
We had set up a picture table full of fabulous framed images of the couples families throughout the years. For this table we used a blue floor length pinched linen. The candy table, which the couple used as favours was a hit with all the guests - everything of course matching their colours!
The bride Leah, was the DIY Queen and we just loved every minute of working with her. Her DIY projects:
* Her centerpieces were thin round logs that Travis' Dad cut for them. Then old mason jars with homemade pinwheels in them, all different colours and designs that match the theme.
* Their table numbers were also hand carved from wood and stained dark then glued on to little white circles from aluminum cans.
* They made triangle flag banners to hang on the fence for the ceremony.
* They also made a ‘Thank You’ banner to use for their thank you cards.
* Little yarn ball flowers were placed on the program table and registry signing table.
* There were big KRAFT paper wheels hung behind the head table which were really neat.
* She also made blue tissue paper pom poms that we hung from the rafters.
* She also painted LOVE letters pink and a base blue to put on the love table.
Venue: The Hitch ‘n Post Ranch / Wedding Planner + Coordinator: Madeline’s Weddings & Events / Florist: Roy’s Florals / Photographer: Meghan and Marcus Fowler of Blue Bird Creative / Linens & Décor Rentals: Madeline’s Weddings & Events / DJ: Brandon Williams (email@example.com) / Live Music: Erin Propp (vocals) + Andrew Dyck, bride's cousin (vocals/guitar) / Wedding Gown: Allure Bridal via 7th Avenue Fashions / Favours + Candy Buffet: Madeline’s Weddings & Events/ Hair: Kim Patterson of The Style Council / Makeup: Marcie of The Style Council
Join Our Little Black Book
7th Avenue Fashions
Anderson's Hitch 'n Post Ranch