Whenever we spot a Modern wedding, we literally jump for joy. The crisp, clean design, the structured frocks, the bold graphic prints – the whole lot speaks to our design loving hearts and thus deserves a full day of swooning here at SMP. So we are coming full circle from the gorgeous Chicago affair captured by Erin Hearts Court, right on to a collection of some of our favorite contemporary bashes to date and rounding off with a round-up of sculptural modern details fit for the best of soirées. If you are a Modern Bride looking to plan one heck of a wedding, this is a great place to start. Try some of these budget friendly details on for size and think EDITED. The best part about Modern is it is so easily incorporated into a modest budget.
1. Gold Cocktail Dress from Zara. Believe us, your bridesmaids will THANK YOU
2. White cocktail ring by Kendra Scott perfect for the bold Bride
4. Chevron cocktail napkins via Caspari. Need we say more?
5. Can you say holy cow gorgeous? We can and have been all afternoon over these clear beauties from CB2
6. Like a work of art, this Maggie Austin Cake is. It would fit in seamlessly with an art museum fête don’t you think?
7. What’s black and white and scrumptious all over? Mr. Boddington’s collection of invites of course. And we can’t get enough of these chevron lined envelopes
8. With its column shape, gorgeous simple lines and beautiful key-hole back, this J.Crew dress is just what the Doctor ordered and the price? See for yourself.
9. We kind of want to cover our entire office with these sweet decals from Shanna Murray. They would make a lovely addition to a modern wedding too.
J.Crew is a member of our Look Book. For more information on how members are chosen, click here.