Don’t you just ADORE a destination wedding? Yep, me, too. And, really, what’s not to love about jetting off to paradise with your nearest and dearest and transforming your big day into a once in a lifetime vacation? Dream. Come. True. Which is why we’re taking a break from this gorgeous Fall weather and heading south of the border to the Grand Cayman for a little destination lovely, complete with one very stunning seaside location, the sleek and sophisticated stylings of Celebrations Group Ltd. and a bundle of brilliant images captured by Rebecca Davidson Photography. Yes, this charming fête will have you seriously considering some nuptials of the Caribbean kind… and when you’re done taking in every last ounce of pretty, we have some destination wedding tips from the oh-so-amazing Engaging Concepts to jump start your very own planning process below. Sounds like a plan, no? Click here for even more.
From Rebecca Davidson Wedding Photography… Maria and Martin were married in Rum Point, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands on the 18th of August 2011. They are both professional ballerinas and brought guests from the UK and USA. They hired a beautiful villa on the beach where they stayed for their honeymoon also. Celebrations decorated the reception area gorgeously, with a cupcake ‘cake’ and fabulous colors. The bride and groom went off for photos to Starfish Point and the garden around the villa. After the reception the guests had a blast with a photobooth and of course a choreographed first dance!
Wedding Photography: Rebecca Davidson Photography / Wedding Cinematography: Aaron Rebarchek / Floral Design, Event Design + Planning: Celebrations Group Ltd. / Wedding Ceremony + Reception Location: Sun Salutations Villa
Have your bags packed yet? As promised, Engaging Concepts is here to help with their top ten destination wedding tips. Happy planning!
Top Ten Destination Wedding Tips by Engaging Concepts
1. Cast a wide net and consider lots of different destinations that reflect your passions and style as a couple.
2. Save your sanity by leaving it to the experts – don’t DIY the planning part of your destination wedding. There are destination wedding planning specialists in your hometown and in your chosen locale – use them!
3. Celebrate the culture and uniqueness that your destination is known for – through cuisine + cocktails, music, flowers, traditions and much more!
4. Consider your guests – attending destination weddings can be very costly for those attending, so be sure to research a variety of accommodations to offer in different price ranges.
5. Plan some fun and casual group activities suited to your destination for your guests to get to know each other over the course of the few days. But be careful to not over schedule every moment – sometimes the best bonding occurs naturally!
6. Reach out to local experts and ask them to recommend off the beaten track or less known venues, villas and restaurants. Be open to the charm and opportunity to discover someplace unique and special!
7. Delight guests with thoughtful and fun welcome totes letting them know how much you appreciate the fact that they have traveled to join you.
8. Carry your wedding dress, shoes and accessories with you on board the plane or ship – this is not hte time to take a chance on lost or missing luggage!
9. Build in some time on either end of the wedding to arrive early to your destination to take care of last minute preparations and stay late so that the two of you can relax and enjoy time together!
10. Focus on quality, not quantity – choosing a destination wedding almost always means less guests and that allows for you to really pay attention to the details that are the most important to you. Enjoy!!!