Just a little reminder to all of you beautistas out there that we've cozied up with the team at Dior to bring you step-by-step instructions on achieving your very own Dior wedding look. Our first installment is all about beachy chic with a style that is understated, effortless and all girl. And if that wasn't enough, well...Dior has offered to gift one of you lucky readers your very own Dior makeup artist on your wedding day. Umm, hello fabulous. Click here to learn more and register.
And although you could literally walk out onto the beach in your skivvys and look absolutely gorgeous with Dior's palette and awesome beauty tips, we've decided to take the beachy chic inspiration one step further and give you our idea of the perfect SMP seaside style. Because the idea of "beach" doesn't have to be limited to a slip dress and flip flops. Oh no, my style savvy readers. To us, beachy chic is SO much more than that.
1. We would LOVE to see one of our SMP brides rocking out this gorgeous Watters gown (style name Mackay) for their seaside soiree. It's effortless, it's elegant and would look stunning against a perfect blue backdrop.
2. Hair should be easy, breezy and beautiful and we're looooving this braided loose bun that we found on Pinterest (SUCH a great source of inspiration for hair ideas...and everything else you can imagine).
3. A pretty, sweet clutch to hold a bit of hairspray (it's windy on the beach girls!), a touch of gloss and a vintage hankie to wipe the tears.
4. We are love, love, loving this touch of bling that Nordstrom is selling for a mere $51 smackaroos. A timeless piece of luxury that would totally elevate this look.
5. Although this style could carry the most fabulous pair of heels, we love the idea of using jeweled sandals so that you can walk comfortably through the sand. No sinkage with these babies.
6. Tuck a pretty white flower, like this one by Twigs & Honey into your hair to capture the romance of the look.
7. Saja was the PERFECT place for us to look when deciding on a beach inspired, but totally refined bridesmaid look. These gorgeous gowns will look stunning blowing in the wind and will provide that extra touch of effortless grace that every beach look should have.
8. Top the look off with these GORG drop crystal earings by Tejani. Love, love, love.
So there you have it. No excuses now for not glamming up your beachy chic style. Although I kind of like the girl who rocks a pair of flip flops on her big day, I LOVE the girl that takes seaside elegance to a level that screams chic. Just make sure to get all of your beauty tips and register to win your own Dior makeup artist before you run out and buy all of these awesome finds above.