This summer there is an outbreak of color fever going around and I’ve caught the bug! Orange, hot pink and yellow have been popping up in fashion and design and I am definitely predicting the bright and bold wave to make its way into the wedding world. California girls have never been afraid of a little color but that doesn’t mean your wedding has to look like a circus or a birthday party. My favorite combinations are the neons and the neutrals or the bolds and the beige. Just little bursts of these hot hues against a neutral backdrop will turn an ordinary fête into a chic, modern bash!
1. Ban.do: The summer of love is going strong over at Ban.do! Their accessories are always the life of the party from giant flower poufs to sweet neon and gold headbands.
2. Purse: I love this hot pink and leather envelope clutch by Clare Vivier. It’s the perfect size for holding your bright orange lipstick!
3. Margarita pops: Margaritas are the ultimate California cocktail. What could be more refreshing? How about margarita pops in fun, flashy colors! Give your guests a cool down before the ceremony gets started!
4. Tolix Chairs: These yellow beauties have been popping up all over the design magazines and blogs. I would love to see them all lined up against white linens for a splash of color.
5. Kate Spade Flats: How cute are these neon and neutral flats from Kate Spade? They would be so sweet peeking out from under a wedding dress.
6. Yellow Eyeliner: California girls aren’t afraid of a little color. Update your normal make-up routine with a pop of color on your lids or lips!
7. Bridesmaids: I am just bananas over this outfit. I would love to see a bridesmaid rock this oh-so-chic, two-piece, bright orange and pink ensemble complete with yellow sandals!
8. Bouquet: Who doesn’t love a bright, bold peony bouquet? The billy balls turn this classic cluster into a whimsical arrangement.
9. Invitations: Your invitations should set the mood for your bold, modern bash! I love all the collections over at Fig 2 Design Studio. Their clean, crisp and colorful designs are absolutely perfect for this chic celebration!
10. Nail Polish: I am actually wearing this nail polish right now and it totally brightens up my day. Even if you are afraid of wild hues, I promise, after wearing this shade for a day you’ll be a total color-convert like me!