First, I just want to send a shout out to all you talented board builders! You totally knocked my socks off with your super inspiration board building abilities! I had so much fun checking out your ideas for the ultimate Florida celebration. I would be happy to see any of them brought to life! I was really blown away by this sweet blue and orange number by sugar(ed). There are so many darling details that would make this the perfect Florida wedding. Of course, the bright palette is a must for those Gators fans and the little orange fruit details just scream sunshine state. I'm also wild about the flag theme that is happening throughout and all the unexpected ways it can be brought into your wedding decor. It is really just brillant and beautiful! Thank you, sugar(ed)!
Before I get to the Buying Guide for the winning board, I have to say that I was wildly impressed with every board that you all made. It was certainly hard to make a final decision especially since I absolutely fell in love with this board by Jeanette. It is ethereal, romantic, a little bit modern, a little bit beachy and a lot perfect.
And now for a fun Buying Guide based on sugar(ed)'s board. The thing I love most about this board is that it has vintage elements, DIY elements and modern elements all wrapped up in one pretty, whimsical package. There are so many ways that it can be interpreted and with plenty of budget-friendly options for turning it into a rockin', Florida celebration!
1. To tie in the orange color palette and one of Florida's largest exports, orange soda is such a fun, unexpected and refreshing treat for guests before the ceremony starts. We all know that the weather in Florida is not always ideal and this is such a cute way to beat the heat. Trader Joe's has their own vintage-inspired orange cream soda!
2. Of course, you'll want to dress that soda up with some sweet drink flags like these from Etsy seller Loralee Lewis. I especially love them paired with the orange and white striped straws! Perfect for a favor or escort tag!
3. For a bit of vintage whimsy, mismatched vintage plates bring a pop of color to the table. If you don't feel like scouring thrift stores, Unique Tabletop from Classic Party Rental has a great collection to rent!
4. Any old cake just wouldn't do for this fun fiesta! I love this playful sweet treat and the blue and orange crepe flowers are just too cute!
5. Hello Lucky! has an awesome collection of destination invitation designs from LA to Paris. Their Miami collection is absolutely perfect for our vivacious celebration!
6. There are so many ways to tie in the flag theme from the place cards to the drink stirrers but my favorite might be these giant DIY flags. Line your ceremony aisle or have the flower girls parade them down!
7. Bring a little modern edge into the centerpieces with sleek white containers filled with unexpected flowers and fruit. I love the use of kumquats in this unique arrangement. It is glam and gorgeous but still totally fun and playful!
8. And, of course, let's not forget about our fun-loving groom. I have a feeling this Southern fella could totally pull off an orange bow tie like this!