We simply adored everything about the woodland wonderland that was yesterday's Chautauqua wedding. We love the casual, overgrown garden feel mixed with French-inspired vintage pieces all set against the barn backdrop. The whole affair just hollered rustic romance. This laid back farm look is simple to create with just a few DIY projects and a little vintage shopping. We found some easy, budget-friendly options for your vintage-loving hearts!
1. Instead of going overboard in the vintage rental department which can add up fast, choose one or two key, show-stopper pieces like old church window frames for your ceremony backdrop. These are from Found but you can find cool, old pieces like this at many architectural salvage stores and ofte times, if you ask, they'll rent you a piece for a fraction of the retail price.
2. These Steve Madden sandals are romantic, chic and oh-so easy to dance in plus at less than $100 they won't break the bank.
3. We swooned over the vintage French wire baskets filled with wildflowers for the centerpieces. The real deal can be kind of pricey but these replicas from Origin Crafts are a sweet substitute!
4. The vintage typewriter is a tried and true guest book accessory for vintage weddings. We love that they incorporated the typewriter font into their paper goods as well! If you don't have an old typewriter that you can borrow from a relative or friend there are some good finds on eBay!
5. I love using shipping tags (find them at your local office supply store) for decor. They are so versatile and super cute. Use them for escort tags, place cards, favors or a guest book!
6. The groom and groomsmen were looking good in their beige suits and plaid ties! There is some serious neckwear going on right here in every color and pattern!
7. Lanterns are popping up more and more in weddings and in unexpected places! I love them here on the tree but they can also be used as centerpieces or in lieu of a bouquet!
8. Probably my favorite detail from yesterday's wedding were the French flashcards used for the table assignments. Such a fun and unexpected little touch and Etsy is full of affordable options!