We have been eating up every inch of today’s City to Country Photo Shoot for several reasons. A) It’s super gorgeous and filled with loads of color and B) it is approaching country weddings from a whole new perspective. Think bright pops of sherbet colors, crisp modern details and an aisle style that is the essence of cocktail chic. Put these all together and you have a look that is completely unexpected but really shines in its rustic surroundings. Take a gander at some key pieces we’ve pulled together that sprinkled throughout your affair will have a huge impact without breaking the bank.
1. Think modern when it comes to your flower vases. Simple square or rectangular vases in a metal finish will add just the right amount of glam and a little goes along way with these babies. No need to pack the table, edit down to 1-3 vases and fill with bright flowers for a beautiful modern look. Jamali Garden has a great selection of metal containers and white vases like these from CB2 would look just as stunning.
2. Bright tissue paper from Paper Source is the perfect wrapping for your favors and such a simple way to add some pizazz
3. Hellllo modern paper. This is such a great way to set the tone for your soirée. We are smitten with these FONTastic lovelies from Minted
4. The phenomenon of stripes has made its way into the ribbon world and we are completely OK with that. This black and white gem will make such a fabulous addition to anything and everything at your reception
5. Yes it’s all about the dress but with a bride donning this hat, it’s going to be all about the pretty atop her head. Structured and undeniably chic, this BHLDN beauty would pair gorgeously with this feathery J.Crew number
6. Think bright in terms of flowers. Corals, Pinks, Yellow and Golden stems. Some favey faves that also have a huge visual impact are Protea Pin Cushions and coral peonies. Mixed with the sagey blues of lambs ear or dusty miller is a combo fit for a swoon-worthy centerpiece.
7. Plates and tableware are a FANTASTIC way to incorporate a more contemporary feel. Simple edges with a unique shape will go a long, long way. If your renting, check to see if they offer anything in the modern arena. We also love this set from CB2.
8. Glassware, Goblets, Pretty, Pretty Sipping Cups – no matter what you call them, these are destined to make a splash at your reception table. If renting isn’t an option, Anthropologie offers an array of lovelies that would make the perfect toasting pair for the Bride and Groom.
9. We love us some Field Notes. Buy a pack and place them on tables as a catch all for guests’ love tips
Image Credits: Vases: Jamali Garden / Tissue Paper: Paper Source / Invitation: Minted / Ribbon: Humst / Bridal Hat: BHLDN / Peonies: Whole Blossoms / Dusty Miller: Granny’s Garden School / Protea Pin Cushion: Whole Blossoms / Plate Set: CB2 / Goblet: Anthropologie / Cashiers: Field Notes