One of the reasons that I have fallen hard for our From Inspiration to Reality feature is that the ideas can translate in so many different ways. From rehearsal dinners to engagement parties, from birthday parties to full on weddings. It’s like pretty eye candy with perfect ideas tucked into each and every corner. And this shoot is one of the best, hands down. It’s like a little piece of wedding heaven and I can’t believe we get the fun of sharing it. Designed by Minneapolis based Red Ribbon Studio, Paperista and Just Bloomed, it’s the reason that I love my job so much.
Here are some of the ideas this talented team came up with based on the darling inspiration board…
- Coke in classic bottles as refreshment (“Have A Coke and a Smile)
– Ribbon waving wands for guests to “Wave for a Kiss” from the couple (DIY)
– Late night popcorn snack
– Bedtime milk & cookies treat
– Rock candy cake by Cocoa + Fig
– Candy bar
– Lollipop escort cards with table names like “rock candy” and “laffy taffy” (DIY)
– “Love is Sweet” signature drink (Jackie’s sons Barrel of Monkeys came in handy to add a little whimsy to the cocktails)
– “How Sweet It Is” sign for cake table and would be great as a prop in photos, made from decorative paper, chipboard letters…pasted paper around a string, very easy (DIY)
– LOVE letters. . .cardboard letters found at craft store with decorative paper collaged on to the letters, another great photo prop (DIY)
– The patterned flags are made from quilting fabric found on Etsy. (DIY)
– Macaroons, rock candy, cupcakes, and other sweet treats from Cocoa + Fig
More coming up in just a bit! Including details about the adorable fashion pieces!
Vendors on the Shoot: Photography: Red Ribbon Studio / Invitations+Paper: Paperista / Flowers: Just Bloomed / Bridal Fashion: Posh / Wedding gown: Lila Couture / Tux: Grey Legend by Calvin Klein / Cake, cupcakes, macaroons, other sweet treats: Cocoa + Fig / Calligraphy: Rosann Konieczny / Bridesmaid Fashion: Flutter Boutique / Jewelry: JWP Jewlery / Hair & Makeup: Nan Fletcher / Candy Shop Location: Sugar Sugar / Handbags & Fabric Flower Accessories (belt & headbands): Nelle Handbags / Linens: Apres Party