This holiday project is so gorgeous, it's hard to believe that someone DIY-ed it. Crafted by Genevieve Nisly, these cranberry flavored liqueur gifts are so pretty, so yummy, so perfect for friends and family. Plus, crack 'em open and they'll definitely spice up any holiday get together. A little bit involved, but the end result is SO worth the effort.
large stock pot
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups water
1 whole bag fresh cranberries cleaned
4 cups reasonable vodka
food processor or blender
strainer and/or cheesecloth
large very clean glass bottle or steeping jar with lid
4-6 or more small decorative bottles with lids to hold the finished liqueur
1. Pour water and sugar in large stock pot over medium heat. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves and water looks clear. Let cool.
2. Place cranberries in food processor and pulse until cranberries are finely chopped. Add to the cooled sugar water and then add vodka. Stir.
3. Pour into large steeping jar or bottle. Seal and store in cool dark place. Steep for 2 to 3 weeks, shaking every other day.
4. Pour mix through strainer to separate solids. Using cheesecloth will remove more impurities.
5. Use funnel to pour into small individual bottles, tie ribbon around the fun red liqueur and voila! Makes 4-8 gifts depending on bottle sizes. Cost is about $5 to $10 dollars per gift depending on vodka and individual bottle cost.
Other fruit options include but are not limited to: vanilla bean, simply slice in half and place in storing. I recommend steeping this a month. Orange or lemon peel (avoid rind). The bottles store for one year.
Make SURE to check out Genevieve Nisly's blog for tons of wedding eye candy and inspiration!