So…this is really cool. Lisa Hoffman of Ceci New York is giving us a little sneak peek into her make-up bag and sharing her must have products for doing your OWN make-up on your big day.
* * *
I’m very picky about make up and extremely particular about the foundation. You never want to look like you’re wearing too much make up and of course, on your wedding day you want to have flawless radiant skin. So out of all my sampling research, I bring to you my recommended go-to list for your perfect wedding day make-up.
1. First, start with the most important thing – face cream. If your skin isn’t properly hydrated and moisturized, then you might as well forget that radiant glow you wanted. No matter what you put on your face it will not have the right effect. I have personally been a fan of the Creme de La Mer for years. At first, I gawked at the extremely high price tag, but then I received a sample of it and discovered the amazing effects of it. Trust me, it really is worth it. And here is a great buying tip – schedule to purchase your creme during bonus buys times so you can get a gift with purchase. Or, here in New York City, Bergdorf Goodman offers $25 coupons every so often. When I get mine, that’s where I’m using it. Also, no matter what time of year you’re purchasing La Mer, always request for some complimentary small travel sample jars. Take them on your honeymoon, it’s perfect size.
2. Foundation – Lancome Rénergie Lift Makeup SPF 20 Lifting-Radiance () Perfect mix of coverage and moisture. Plus I love that it has sun screen (key bonus element for me).
3. Concealer – Clé de Peau Beaute Concealer. It’s a concealer stick that covers spots, freckles and dark circles to create a beautiful, even-toned complexion. It comes with a hefty price tag ($68) but I personally think it’s proven itself to be worth every penny. I even now use it every day, I loved it so much! I swear by it.
4. Eyeshadows – My favorites were NARS Himalayas for all over highlight on your entire lid. It’s a lovely white iridescent soft pink that gives you just enough color and highlight. Then try Lancome Vue Shimmer for contour then finish with Lancome Mochaccino for the darker crease definition. Together they create a beautiful look that is gorgeous but not too heavy.
5. Eyeliner – Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting EyeLiner – this eyeliner is here to stay – formulated to withstand everything from tears to inclement weather, this waterproof eyeliner has a unique twist tip that never needs sharpening. Won’t skip, smudge or streak. I chose to use the Café color. It’s a deep dark brown giving your eyes a dramatic definition but not as harsh as black.
6. Mascara is my most coveted item in my beauty bag. I am obsessed with eyelashes and what mascara does to them. If you’re brave enough to go the false eyelash route, do it; but since I wear contacts and have sensitive eyes, I was too worried that my eyes would get irritated and then, so would I. So, I went with the best mascara I could find to give me the most volume I could get. Lancome Hypnôse Custom Volume Mascara that claims to give you up to 6 times the volume, didn’t disappoint. It also comes in waterproof – perfect for the wedding day tears that sneak up on you. (mine did!)
7. Powder + Blush. Finish your look with La Bella Donna Vision Mineral Lights. I was given this by a friend and I’m hooked! It has an amazing effect to give you that all over sun-kissed glow. Tip – use it very lightly. It’s pretty strong. When it gets too heavy, it’s way too much and you look overdone and completely fake. It reflects the light and hides all your imperfections. Sometimes, I only use this instead of blush. Especially in the summer months.
For more of the blushing bride look, I used Lancome Blush Subtil in Aplum. It’s very light and fresh. I like it just on the apples of your cheeks then blend up your cheeks lightly.
8. Lips – Lips were the toughest for me because I really wanted my lips to stand out but not be too much. I also was so worried about lipstick all over my new husband’s face in all the pictures! I tested many different shades of red – since my bridesmaids were wearing red I didn’t want to appear washed out compared to them. My favorite was NARS Lipstick. I went with Trans Siberian which is a ruby rose shade. Not too red and not too berry but contrast enough to give me the perfect accent. They have a lot of really great colors to choose from.