Laura, the cute bride from today's featured wedding (who just happens to be my new sister-in-law!) has put together some easy, but super chic DIY projects that will definitely add that special something to your wedding style! The first, are the adorable custom cocktail flags that she crafted and placed on the bar for guests to take.
Paper Cutter or X-acto Knife with self healing mat
8.5 x 11″ 80lb white card stock (like this from Paper-Source)
8.5 x 11″ 80lb colored card stock (like this from Paper-Source)
Scissors or Wire cutters
Thin Bamboo Skewers
Permanent Double Sided Tape
1. Download the “I Do” Stirstick Flag Template. Print using the highest settings on your color printer to ensure that the text is crisp. There are 36 Flags per sheet.
2. Cut each flag along the dashed line, making sure to cut off all of the black ink so that the edge of each flag remains white. Make sure the strips are 1/2” x 1-1/2” in size.
3. Cut the colored cardstock into 1.75” x 3.5” strips using a paper cutter or an X-acto knife and set aside.
4. Using your scissors or wire cutters, cut the bamboo skewers into 6” length pieces. Note: I found it cleaner to score the skewers first by pinching the scissors or wire cutters around the skewers and then snapping them.
4. Glue the trimmed white card strips to the colored cardstock strips and fold the flags in half.
5. Secure the flag around the top of the bamboo skewer using double sided tape. Please note, there is only a small amount of room for the tape inside the flag, so make sure you make small enough pieces so the tape isn’t sticking out of the flag. Make sure the flag is snug against the skewer by pinching it with your fingers.