This next DIY favor project is SO stinking cute…perfect for a picnic inspired affair. Although the bride will be using them as drinking glasses, filled with Sangria (FAB), I also love the idea of filling them with wildflowers for your guests to take home and enjoy.
From Chelsea, the crafty bride that designed these favors…These Mason Jar Favors will double as drinking glasses for the guests at my picnic wedding in June. We wanted them to be colorful and match our theme of summer fruits. In planning our wedding our goals are to be as eco-friendly as possible and to stick within our tight budget. So, we decided not to rent glassware and instead let our guests drink out of custom made mason jars which they can bring home as a favor. The project was easy, fun and can be customized to fit any color scheme. They can even be used as centerpieces or tea light candle holders.
-150 Ball 16oz Mason Jars, purchased wholesale online at McMaster-Carr
-Vitrea 160 Paint Pens in Frost #33 (pink), Gloss #02 (orange) and #12 (green), purchased in-store at Michael’s
-DecoArt Foam Paint in Apple Green, Yellow, Hot Pink and Orange, purchased in-store at Michael’s
-Raffia ribbon, purchased in-store at Michael’s
1. Gather all supplies: jars, paint, ribbon and many friends to help
2. Paint first coast of background color, allow to dry for 20 minutes
3. Apply second coat of background color
4. Optional: Depending on how durable you want your favors, you can opt to bake the mason jars on the oven for the time specified on the Vitrea paint pens. We decided not to only because we had too many jars and not enough oven space or time.
5. Apply Foam Paint accents, allow to dry for 10 minutes
6. Tie raffia ribbon and TA-DA you have mason jar favors!
* * *
These are my favorite kinds of wedding favors…simple, charming and completely useful!