When I was chatting with owner of Lulu Events, Angela Nelson, she mentioned that there are so many great ways to create a super stylish wedding while working on a budget…just like she did while designing today’s featured wedding.
Angela is a premier planner in the Bay Area, one that brides looking to plan a truly memorable affair look to for her sense of taste and style. So, of course, I jumped on the chance to have her share some of those tips with us!
Without further ado, here are Angela of Lulu Events cost cutting tips…
1. Personalize, Personalize, Personalize – by creating a theme or sticking to a cohesive look you can make a wedding or event look very sophisticated with just a few ideas that guests will always remember. Prioritize what is important and spend the money there.
2. Identify your color palette and stick to it. Remember you always need an accent color. One main color and 2 accent colors are ideal.
3. Party Rentals – by selecting a colored or textured linen you get more bang for your buck than spending money on lots of colorful flowers on a white table cloth. The linen color will transform the space immediately and set the tone for your wedding reception.
4. Choose flowers that are in season and go for a monochromatic look, buying flowers in bulk is less expensive than buying many different types of flowers and my favorite trick is to incorporate fruit in to the centerpieces!
5. Choose a live musician for the ceremony and cocktail hour but nix the band and stick to a dj for the reception. It will save thousands of dollars. Just make sure to choose a play list that reflects the mood of the event and personality of the couple.
6. By booking a wedding venue off season or on Fridays /Sundays – wedding venues and vendors will likely give you discounts so you can save your money for a honeymoon splurge!
7. Consider hiring a wedding planner – we really are experts and our tips & ideas can save you time, money and get you discounts with vendors.
8. Select one signature cocktail for the cocktail hour such as a Bellini or Kir Royale that will be passed by the waiters and offer wine and beer only the rest of the evening. You will be amazed at the cost savings!
9. Minimize the guest list- do you really need to invite that neighbor that you pass thru the hall or your second cousin Vinny that lives across the country?
10. Skip the wedding favors (do we really need to see another Godiva chocolate at the place setting?), instead spend the money on a signature cocktail or a favor the guest will use during the course of the evening like a black and white photo booth!
11. Never ever try to skimp on a photographer- a talented photographer will capture memories that will last a lifetime!
Thank you so very much to Angela for sharing these brilliant ideas. And to Ingrid of Myrtle and Marjoram for sharing these beautiful images. And of course, to Julia and Brian for sharing their absolutely lovely day with us.