Our next Beauty Guru is Nikol Johnson of Fresh Beauty Studio in Florida. The best part about her tips is that you can head over to her website and pick us some of the products that they use on their own brides!
* * *
As an Esthetician and multi media makeup artist I educate all my brides on the importance of skin maintenance…
1. Hydration-if your skin feels dry chances are it looks dry too. To infuse moisture into the skin I recommend a skin care line (no more than 3 products to start out with) that is specifically geared for your skin type. Don’t skimp when it comes to your face remember this is the first thing people look at besides your teeth so make a great impression. A great product line that we use in our treatment room is Sundariit’s an ayurvedic skin care line created by Christy Turlington. It’s a great product line for the beginner; it’s simple, natural and gives proven results.
2. Kissable Lips-if your lips are dry and flaky it will show in pictures. You don’t want your lip gloss or lipstick to look dull in person or in pictures. You want plump, kissable lips for your new hubby. I recommend using a sugar scrub (we use Bella il Fiore an amazing peppermint lip scrub that exfoliates with sugar crystals and soothing sunflower and coconut oils) and a petroleum free eight hour cream a great pick that our brides love is Mama Mio’s eight hour cream.
3. Facials/Peels-I can not stress enough that this is a must for any bride. Keeping your pores clean and your skin hydrated with monthly to every 6 week facials is the ground work for truly picture perfect skin. Make an appointment with a Licensed Esthetician to go over your skin concerns, skin type and your goals before your wedding day. Peels are another great way to get a soft and glowing look and feel to your skin. I do not recommend harsh chemical peels keep it simple and don’t go over board with too many treatments. We treat our brides to a decadent chocolate cherry peel or cranberry peel both superficial/light but powerful enough to get a youthful look before the big day.
4. Xtreme Lashes-For the bride who wants her lashes to last way beyond the ceremony Xtreme Lashesare a for sure “I Do”. Most of my brides come to me for this service when they want to keep that sexy eye for longer than just the big day. Xtreme Lashes last up to 2 months with proper care and are applied to each individual natural lash with surgical glue. I spent months perfecting my application style and receiving my certification. Remember to always go to a certified and licensed lash stylist.
5. Waxing-The camera picks up everything having polished brows and a hairless lip should be on every brides to do list. Keep your brows clean with a natural shape to complement your bone structure. Don’t experiment with a new esthetician or take brow matters into your own hands, leave it to a professional with lots of referrals.
Check out our website to see all our posh treatments and products mentioned for sale at Fresh Beauty Studio!