This DIY Project is just great. Simple as that. The carved place cards are an unexpected touch to a table setting that not only add a hint of chic, they are also perfect for guests to take home with them so that they always remember your big day!
Small 6 x 6 piece of wood, depending on the shape you want to create
Wood Carving Tool
Oil Based Pen
1. Design and cut out the desired shape out of wood. Some scrapbooking stores make pre-cut pieces of wood that make it much easier!
2. Once you have your wood shapes, sand all sides to get rid of any rough spots.
3. Spray paint in your desired color, then let dry.
4. Use a light sand paper on the edges of the piece to give an antique look.
5. Using an oil based pen write the name of the guest on every piece. Be careful there is no going back!