This next is so thoughtful, I just had to share it with you. Signed Fabric Squares that can then be stitched into a quilt or a great wall hanging. I never would have thought of this idea, and yet I absolutely love it.
1. Draw or design the background pattern, leaving a place for signing
2. Go to your local t-shirt shop and ask them to make a screen (or, they could do the whole printing, really)
3. Wash and dry 100 percent cotton fabric–it could be any color, but light enough to see the pen.
4. Get some textile ink from any common craft store.
5. Cut your fabric to pieces larger than area to be screened.
6. Lay down screen, place some ink, and use a squeegee to pull the ink across the openings (there are many excellent web tutorials for this part).
7. Make sure you have plenty of extra fabric–and make a few more than you think you’ll need.
8. Have guests sign them with Micron pigma pens in whatever color you like.