Your walk down the aisle is arguably the most special you’ll ever take. And from the moment the ceremony music starts playing until the moment you and your new hubs walk towards the future after becoming “husband and wife,” all eyes are on you. As Harry Winston said, “People will stare. Make it worth their while.” These shoes do just that. Pretty and bridal in the front and spotlight-ready in the back, these beauties deserve their own “I do.” For more gorgeous shoes, head to THE VAULT!
We’re into October and if you’re anything like me, it’s officially time to pull out the cable knit sweaters, pour a cup of tea and let weekend hibernation begin. And so, whether you find joy in the full fledged fall of New England or if you’re still holding on to some summer love in Cali, all of our regionals and our ever-inspirational VAULT are bursting with beauty for you to ooh and ahh over all weekend long!
While every elegant detail of this English wedding inspiration shoot give us goosebumps, it’s the jaw-dropping dresses that have us transfixed. From the he buttons to the swoop back, our Pinterest boards are getting a stylish update.
Green and white may be a favorite combination of mine, but one look at this boho woodland wedding and I have a feeling I won’t be the only one singing its praises.
When you hear that the wedding was held in the Groom’s grandparent’s backyard, you know you’re in for a treat. And from the simple yet elegant greenery to the lovely lace sleeves of this gown, this Tuscan-inspired Florida wedding didn’t disappoint.
An uber romantic outdoor engagement shoot, kisses up front, mountains out back. The natural colors were shining and shimmering and we’re the lucky ones to soak it all up.
Effortless elegance ruled this Carolina Inn celebration and just when you thought you’d seen the best, one look at these cuties and our hearts were ready to burst.
I have a feeling it’s the changing seasons that’s making me crave rich, jewel tones, but either way, they have me all heart-eyed and this rustic elegant bash fits the bill beautifully. Add in the adorable pup and I’m set for the rest of the weekend.
Let’s face it, as much fun as registering can be, it can also be a little daunting. From the who to the what to the where to the how, there are A LOT of questions you need answered. Enter Zola, the online registry that says goodbye to all of that registry-induced panic and hello to a stylishly simple way of registering with a step by step guide to help keep you on the happy track to an awesome experience.
Believe you me, Zola’s registry checklist is the best thing to happen since, well… Zola. Which is no surprise, really, since Zola is the only place where you can register for everything from products to services to crazy cool experiences from literally ANY store on the web. Just sign up for your FREE account and create your sure-to-wow registry with these easy steps:
1. Personalize your registry! Zola’s crazy beautiful registry pages make adding your special touch seriously easy-peasy. Upload heartfelt messages, special collections, fun-filled photos and even a custom URL to make things truly yours.
2. Mix and match! Create the home you’ve always dreamed of by mixing and matching Zola’s 200+ brands with amazing experiences (think cooking classes or hiking), Group Gifting (perfect for the pricier item you’ve had your eye on), honeymoon and cash funds or that special handmade item from your fave local boutique using the Bookmarklet Feature, which allows you to easily add items from anywhere online.
3. Get inspired! Need some help to get those creative registry juices flowing? Zola has you covered with their fabulous Buying Guide, Starter Collections and Registry Concierge, which means you’ll have specially curated collections and an entire world of expert help right at your fingertips. It’s that awesome.
4. Turn to technology! Just another way Zola is guaranteeing an amazing experience: with easy access day or night. From their iPhone app that boasts a barcode scanner and mobile alerts to their Virtual Exchange, Send It Later option, and Gift Tracker, which makes writing those thanks you’s about a million times less stressful, Zola will do all of the hard work for you.
So now that you are completely obsessed with Zola and their simple to use, super stylish registries, you should also know that SMP readers will receive $25 in Zola credits when you create your Zola registry! New registries must be started (but not necessarily published) between September 22, 2015 and January 3, 2016. Credits will be placed into the couple’s Zola account four weeks after a couple’s registry is published live.
My favorite spare-time hobby? Playing with blooms and learning how to make them sing. It’s exactly why I looove our Bouquet Breakdown series. So when we featured this crazy beautiful slice of inspo from Kate Ignatowski last week, I had to get my hands on the bouquet recipe from Photosynthesis. Dotted with rich, fall hues and organic foliage, they’re letting us in on all the beautiful bits below!
- 3 stems of Johann Strauss Garden Rose
- 6 stems of Koko Loco Garden Rose
- 3 stems of Heirloom Garden Rose
- 6 stems of The Prince Garden Rose
- 3 stems of Café au Lait Dahlia
- 2 stems of Deep Burgundy Dahlia
- 3 stems of Burgundy Foxglove
- 5 stems of Burgundy Scabiosa
- 3 stems of White Gomphrena
- 5 stems of Coral bells
- 3 stems Jasmine Vine
- 2 stems of Acacia greenery
- 2 stems of Nandina greenery
- 2 stems of Olive greenery
- 3 stems of Pepper Berry
- 1 stem of Queen Annes Lace
- Finished with hand died silk ribbon
From Photosynthesis… I was delighted when Kate Ignatowski contacted us about creating florals for her wedding inspiration shoot at the historic Tuckahoe Plantation, just outside of Richmond, Virginia. Having worked with Kate in the past, I knew this shoot would be a wonderfully inspiring creative collaboration and that our blooms would be in the best of hands. Kate quite simply understands the poetry of flowers and how to combine light, gesture, background, and perspective to reveal their poetry.
When creating arrangements, I work with the natural movement of each flower to express its unique personality. For this arrangement, I began with a greenery base to form the overall shape and then added in larger blooms such as the garden roses, dahlias and foxglove. The bouquet was completed by filtering in the gestural flowers and greens like scabiosa, gomphrena, coral bells, pepper berry and jasmine to form an expressive display. Overall, I think we succeeded in creating an organic, naturally elegant bouquet.